Friday, May 02, 2008

Firefox troubles = Piclens.... Aarrrgh.

It was really such a cool add-on for Firefox and seemed to work soooo well - what a cool way to view Flickr photos, etc. However, soon after installing Piclens, I started having major issues with Firefox. At first it wasn't apparent, Firefox just seemed slow. And then when I would visit a site that was graphics/flash intense, Firefox would completely hang up and my whole system would slow down forcing me to restart. Then, I figured out that the culprit was Piclens...

I uninstalled Piclens and now I really am back to normal with Firefox. I'll give them a while to perfect it and maybe I'll have a look at it again one day.

2 comments:

The Cooliris Team said...

Hi Peggy:

So sorry to hear about the troubles. If you don't mind, please write one my colleagues (Brian, Kwame, or Truebe) at bugs@piclens.com. We want to investigate your unusual experience with PicLens.

If you recently upgraded to Firefox 3.0, or are using an older version of PicLens, make sure you try our latest version 1.6.3 from our website at http://piclens.com. We continuously optimized PicLens with each new version.

Very best regards,
Alec & The Cooliris Team

Peggy Whyte said...

Thanks Alec and the Cooliris Team. I will send an email with details of the problem and maybe you can fix it...