Saturday, August 01, 2009

Big shoes to fill


Big shoe
Originally uploaded by KaiChanVong
I am taking Melissa Higgs-Horwell's position at SCOCA. As of Friday she has officially retired. I am thrilled to have this opportunity - but apprehensive at the same time because Melissa has been such a driving force in education in general and specifically with video conferencing in the South Region. She has been the heart and soul of IVC for the past 8+ years. She knows everyone, and people all over the state know and admire her.

They are indeed "Big shoes to fill," but I welcome the opportunity to give it my best shot. I hope people will understand that I can't be Melissa, but I will work very hard to keep the projects and initiatives she has developed growing and prospering. I'm sure she feels like she has left her "baby" in my care and I hope not to disappoint her. :-)

My hope is for Melissa to really enjoy life - she has earned it. I also hope that "enjoying life" will mean that she continues to contribute to the education world and that we will have the opportunity to work together again - soon! I miss her already.

2 comments:

The Tron said...

Congratulations Peggy!

Anonymous said...

Ce soulier devient-il un bain pour se rafraîchir les pieds quand il a plu?

Sinon, c'est une excellente idée ces sculptures incongrues qui font sourire.

:)