Sunday, June 08, 2008

View from our window


View from our window
Originally uploaded by pwhyte
Last week was a very difficult week with the loss of my husband's father. However, in the middle of the week, I had been invited to Put-in-Bay by one of our schools to do a presentation on a boat. It ended up being just what the doctor ordered for me and my husband - a nice little get away with some time to think and reflect. The last time my husband had been to PIB was on a camping trip with his Dad when he was just a boy...

It was cold and rainy, and on the way over, (we caught the 8:30 pm ferry), we were the only ones on the ferry. When we got to our room, we were delighted to find it had a balcony that looked out over the pool with Lake Erie just beyond. We slept with the glass sliding door open and listened to the waves and enjoyed the fresh breeze all night.

The next morning, we had breakfast at 7 with the crew from New Boston and boarded the boat at 8 am. It was quite cool from the rain and very foggy. We all ended up with soaked behinds from the seats - who knew rain gear would have been in order? The presentation was a flop... Turns out, my power converter (plugged into the boat's cigarette lighter) didn't have enough juice to run the projector... UGH! I did the presentation just the same though - albeit I'm sure it was somewhat lacking...

The boat ride lasted till 1:00 in the afternoon and we got the grand tour of the islands and a picnic lunch. All in all, it was quite enjoyable.

This opportunity gave me the incentive to learn to use PowerPoint on my iPhone, so in actuality, I learned a lot. Not all was lost with the presentation, and I did enjoy hangin' out with the folks from New Boston. :-)

No comments: