Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Walking with friends


Dragonfly with lying of the sun
Originally uploaded by le_faju
It’s amazing where your thoughts will take you when you have time to go for a walk alone (with some good music of course). It’s the only time I can really let my thoughts wander and the sights and sounds along the trail inspire thoughts and memories of very special times and people…

Sometimes it’s a bunny sitting along the path that reminds me of that little grandbaby and how cute he is and how thrilled he is at the mere sight of a little bunny or a bird in the yard – young mind just learning to appreciate his world.

Other times it is a beautiful butterfly that brings me thoughts of my Dad and how much I still miss him – but I know he’s never far away and that little butterfly was just sent to remind me…

This evening though, a dragonfly followed a long way on the path swooping from side to side, sometimes flying ahead, other times coming up from behind. So tonight I walked with thoughts of Stace and how proud I am of her…

(No sign of Hans and Frans though (lol), but I got to spend a little time with L. after the walk. It was a good evening…)

1 comment:

Susannah said...

Just for your information:

Dragonflies represent the powers of light and transformation, and the ability to see through illusion. They bring prosperity and harmony. The dragonfly, as a totem, teaches skillful action while maintaining a free and joyful sense of being.

Dragonflies symbolize illusion, dreams, change, enlightenment, irresponsibility, unreliability, weakness, instability, swiftness, dreams and seeing the truth. They are messengers of the elemental world and the god/esses. They are connected to Summer.

Dragonfly is the essence of the winds of change, the messages of wisdom and enlightenment, and the communications from the elemental world. Dragonfly medicine always beckons you to seek out the parts of your habits which you need to change.